Thursday, October 11, 2007

Garlic fries - NOT part of a marathoner's training regimen

Food and I have a strange relationship. I love food and food hates me. I am literally in bed right now from a food coma. It's such a disgusting feeling.

Today was a rest day for my training. Unfortunately, I mistook that as a license to be an idiot and gorge myself at happy hour (Karl Straus). It's the Porky Pig in me I guess.

Fun times, as always, with Kim, Claire, Jess, Steph and Elle. Somehow we managed to discuss running/training AND throw back about 9 appetizers total. No kidding.



In short - today was a bad day for me exercise/training wise. But it's okay. Everything in moderation. After next week, there shall be no more of this garlic fries nonsense.

Lesson? Mind your calories and food intake. In one sitting, I consumed about 1,500 calories, so disgusting. And I am now paying for it by feeling utterly ill in bed.

11 comments:

weezermonkey said...

I'm sad my depo was canceled.
But I had a great calorie day today! ;)

kim said...

Yum.

But I will say the chips, salsa and margs at Javier's sound much better.

ssinca said...

mmmm....fries!

Jen said...

Mmm, garlic fries. :) Just wanted to drop by and say "hi," date twin (can we still say that a year+ later? hmmm.)

Best of luck with marathoning!

amber said...

so sad you girls don't live closer :(

Claire said...

I am so glad the fries were on the other side of the table... I can resist nachos in front of me, but not garlic fries.

R said...

Ugh. I hate that feeling...sick and heavy after eating too much. Garlic fries are my cryptonite. Maybe it's good that you guys are so far away or else I'd be feeling the same way.

BriannaNichole said...

YUUUUUMMMM I want those right now. I totally forgot about the GTG. :(

Rockin Math Teacher said...

I honestly dont think the two of us should be allowed to go out to eat together! I cant believe we ordered NINE apps! Ugghh, why did they have to be so yummy?!?

Yahpee said...

I feel left out.

But I'm glad actually cause I had a midterm anyway and the thought of lots of fun and appetizers while doing trig would have eaten away at me.

Maybe next time?

Trisha said...

*tear*

Why must LA and OC be so far apart?!?! It's like geography is conspiring to keep us apart.

If I ever go to a happy hour with you, I promise to limit the food intake so that there can be maximum consumption of liquor. What can I say, I'm a great drinking buddy :)

Blog Archive