This weekend I:
- got my entire to-do list done
- flaked on my weekend long run. I am going to be a disgrace the Surf City Half Marathon. Whatevs.
- got excited about February being a new month. Time to get it together.
- did 3 miles with my doggies! They are so fucking fetch I tell you.
- went to dinner with Mr10yt. So glad he's home, even if only for a few days.
I am that stinkin boring.
Sunday night dinner. I have AW'd (non-Nest and blog people, AW = attention whore) my cooking before but I will do it again. Stuffed peppers thanks to Marshy, and Salade Olivieh.
Stuffed Peppers recipe here.
What I did differently. I used 2 small cans of tomato sauce because I had them rather than diced tomatoes. I used the residual bell pepper in the turkey mix rather than tossing it. I also didn't use ketchup on top while baking, I used the residual tomato sauce that I set aside.
6 small/medium potatoes
5 hard boiled eggs
5 tablespoons light mayo
4 dill pickles, chopped
3/4 cup green olives
juice from pickle jar, juice from olive jar, as desired
3 tablespoons garlic salt (as you like it)
3 tablespoons mustard
1 tablespoon of paprika
12 ounce bag of frozen peas and carrots
Pepper to taste
Directions: boil the potatoes for 20 minutes or until fork pierces it and comes out smoothly. Hard boil eggs. Rinse both with cold water. Peel potatoes and dice into pieces comfortable to you. Chop the eggs, pickles, and olives. Mix them all up with the mayo (I used light mayo). Add olive and pickle juice, garlic salt, paprika, mustard, and pepper as desired.
Mix and serve. Honestly you can add as little or as much of each ingredient as you want.
I loved it and so did Mr1oyt. PLENTY of leftovers too!