I always tell myself I'll post at least once per month. FAIL! November came and went. And I am so multiple-personalitied that it takes a lot for me to remember what is going on in my life long enough to write about it, but I'll try.
- Election - I have hope. I have some hope that sooner rather than later, the hearts of the American people and the intelligent and seemingly good and honest nature of our President Elect will bring this country to a happy place again. I have to say that the older I get, the more my views change, and I am proud to say that I have friends that are smart and devoted enough to certain issues that have shown me the light where my once narrow-minded political views kept me ignorant. I know that there is still a lot left to be done, but I have faith that in time, what is right will prevail.
- Knitting. Another "hobby" that came and went. Stupid casting off concept ruined it for me. It was that or the ~$150 or so that this short-lived hobby cost me.
- Crocheting. See above.
- Clementine. Poor Clementine. She sits in the garage crying for companionship with a pricetag that mocks me every time I pass her. Whatever.
- Running. I lost steam after the Long Beach race and never rallied my mojo back up. Soon enough. After all, I signed up for a February race. I'll get that surfboard medal if it kills me!
- Exercise. What? Who cares! I have a bad attitude about exercise right now. At least I walk at lunch 3-4x a week. Give me a straw hat and hot pink Keds and I've fast forwarded my life by 30 years. Oh well.
- Budgeting. My latest obsession. Stupid obsession. I've been eating pork rib/corn/mashed potato Banquet meals more than I care to admit, but for $.89, it fits nicely into my budget. What I have realized though is that I spend entirely too much on eating out at places that are not even that great at all. As a penalty, I've budgeted myself to eating out at lunch 1x max per week for the month of December. I am doing great so far. Granted, I'm only 4 days in, but it's the thought that counts. Lesson: alcohol in water bottle smuggled into restaurants and movie theaters Is.Your.Best.Friend.
- Business. I'm a bidness woman! I opened up my shitty little half.com bookstore that has generated $70ish dollars in income! I have also signed up to do a focus group that will give me $150 extra for the holidays. Wahoo.
- Reading. Jen Lancaster. Love. Thousand Splendid Suns. Oh yeah. Marley and Me. TBD but love it so far.
- Twilight. The long awaited movie premiere (sp?) didn't disappoint! I don't care what people say, seeing Rob Pattinson on the big screen is more than I could have asked for in the movie. Love.
- Thanksgiving. I love my family. I was having mixed emotions this year, but I have to remember to be grateful for my blessings right now. My health and the love and health of my family, foremost, the love of my friends, and to be gainfully employed doing a job that I love. I should not ask for more. Yet I do. But I shouldn't. I love my life for what it is. And for what it isn't, I just won't dwell on that because it's just not worth it.
- ► 2009 (40)
- ▼ 2008 (43)