(for the record, I do know that it's probably "holy crap" but I just can't bring myself to spell that out together).
I also want to blog about my fantastic Friday night but I didn't have a camera and you'll later see why it wouldn't be the same to post about it without pictures. I'm being a mooch and waiting for pictures from my comrades that I was with.
Today I tried Bikram Yoga for the first time. Luckily, I went with Claire and Yahpee. For those of you that don't know what Bikram Yoga is, it's HOT YOGA. Yoga for NINETY minutes in a hot room (105 degrees or more).
I sweat less than I thought I would, actually. Maybe this is because I was taking it easy since it was so hot in there and I was afraid of passing out.
Location - new place in Irvine. Very nice and spa like. They even had free sponge cake for students! The staff was great and the bathrooms were very clean. Towel service and mats if you needed them. $29 for unlimited classes for 2 weeks for you and a friend. Score!
- I felt like it was technically an easier class than the other yoga classes I've had at the gym. No downward dog and not many of the regular sun salutations or plank moves.
- It was damn hot. Humid is more like it.
- I wanted to give up multiple times during the class. Instead I just laid there like a quitter.
- You CAN'T LEAVE THE ROOM for the entire NINETY MINUTES! It was unbearable at certain points but I'm glad I stayed for the full experience.
- I slept for 3.5 hours when I got home and woke up parched and drained.
- Eating at The Counter afterwards with Claire, Yahpee, and Roof was so nice. I felt so healthy that I went bunless!
Will I do it again?
Tomorrow, in fact. And I'm going to try to go 25 times between now and the end of April. I want to see what the hype is about.
Here is a very informative and interesting youtube video that is pretty accurate on what the class was like. Intense.
- ▼ 2009 (40)
- ► 2008 (43)