Tuesday, October 9, 2007

I feel the need...the NEED FOR SPEEEED!!!

Oh yes! I'm still high off my spectabulous workout tonight!!

I've been feeling a little discouraged with my morning outdoor runs because I've been slow since I run in a hilly area (2.71 miles in 28 minutes - you do the math, it's slightly more than an average 10+ minute mile). My goal for the 10k/6.21 mile run on Thanksgiving is 1 hour or less. So I'm trying to get my mile to a rough 9 minute mile.

Anyway, I thought I'd do a treadmill run tonight to test my speed and see if my endurance has improved at all - IT HAS!!! I used to average a 9 to 10 minute mile on the treadmill but it would be rigorous for me. Tonight, drum roll please....3 miles in 28 minutes!! Better yet, I did it at an incline ranging from 0 to 1.5 AND I walked after every 8 minutes of running!

What helped, you ask? A few things:

1. Training on hills and outdoors. - highly recommend.

2. Clif Blocks (33.33 calories per block, 8g of carbs, 4 of which are sugars) - I ate one before my workout and I was en fuego! - highly recommend for people who are endurance training.


3. SPANDEX - HOLLERRRRR. I did it, I bought spandex capris. A little self-concious I was, yes, at the gym. But they didn't weigh me down. - highly recommend.

4. MOTIVATION!!

I want a body like Jillian - she's one of my physical heroes. GRRRRRRR!!



4 comments:

amber said...

you go girl! :)

jillian is my inspiration too --- damn she is hot!

weezermonkey said...

I'm glad you specified Jillian's body. Her jawline is...mannish.

R said...

Awesome improvement D! You must have felt great.

Yahpee said...

Jillian is hot.

Hey were those snack thingies good or do they taste like protein nastyness?

Blog Archive