Monday, September 5, 2011

Kitchen update is underway! So happy!

We've been putting off updating our kitchen for years. I knew that if it wasn't done before Baby arrived (hopefully in January), it would be...another couple of years. So I put my foot down and here we are!

Contractors are hired! Appliances are purchased! Counters, backsplash (I think), and faucet are picked! We start demo in about a week to update our kitchen. Not a huge overhaul but I think it will make a big difference, at least I really hope so.

The flourescent lighting panel and the Brady Bunch chandelier thingamajiggy will be tossed, thank.God.

Official "before" picture:

Kenmore Elite and Kenmore appliances. Sears had both brands for 25% on their Labor Day sale, and if you opened a store card you got an additional 10% off! There were also about $80 in Energy Star rebates. We didn't go big on the oven and microwave as far as getting convection features, which H doesn't think he'd use anyway. And the salesperson (Bill McCormick at Laguna Hills Mall Sears who was amazingly kind and patient with me) said most average people will only use convection features on their oven about 5x a year at most anyway. The dishwasher is quieter than some of the other models, which was a selling point. And the refrigerator is my favorite! I can't wait to finally have a functioning ice maker!




The granite we chose is Sage Brush (or Sage Bush). Backsplash tile is white onyx 4x6 subway tile. Haven't nailed down the cabinet color yet but they will be dark wood.
I will keep track of the updates here as we progress. WOOOOOOOOOO!!

5 comments:

weezermonkey said...

Good luck! You're going to love your new kitchen!

Winnie said...

Yay!! I'm so jealous. Can't wait to see the final product!

Angelina said...

Awesome!

Tameka said...

Awesome! Can't wait to see your new kitchen!!

Anonymous said...

Very nice! Can't wait to see how it all looks together.